Romanticism. Take 1

Before the sun broke the still,
Before the moonlight glanced away,
Before the day's clanging broke through
My silent vigil

I had to capture you
the way you were
The innocent small face,
And the dancing eyes, now closed
A comfortable smile curled over that small face,
A contented smile

You always asked me why I'm never contented, never satisfied. Now, on this couch by the fire, looking at you, I am. But you'll never see me contented, and it will always be so, the absent critical lover and his mayflower.

I did not go around to get my SLR, for i feared losing that moment, that body in the fading moonlight. I vaguely remembered Bukowski-
"Your leg, my leg
your arm, my arm"

The Greek mythology must be partially right. Or I have lived my whole life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Still-life travelling

Whispering heartbeat

Yearly Post II (2016)