Longing : A piece of bad poesy

Maybe this is what death is like-
A person closes,
With thoughts of warm beds and red roses
Of rebirth and acts of cleansing
He sees white lights with high hopes of deliverance.
But he floats on, with longing
Acceptance, but no deliverance.

Maybe it is what love is like (or the love I know) -
Years in longing, years in denial
Then years in acceptance,
But still longing.
I've never had qualms with accepting.
I've dealt with my denial and understood yours
Understood life and its absurd ways
But help me understand this-

That why, why
When I think of summers and white swings,
I think of you
When I think of winters and perfectly brewed tea,
I think of you
And at long night, when I've dealt with another day,
When I've smiled the smiles and laughed the laughs
Lived through summers and lived through winters (tried)
And I sit back, staring at blank pages on my laptop screen,
I think of you.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the read and the wonderful comment Afya :)
      Its heartening to see someone share the same view of the world, wonder at the tenderness behind the opacity that we see everyday.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I think being honest in what you write is the first step in writing anything. We're all stalkers of good poetry, good words :)
      I'm just happy you found mine worth it :)

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful! It touched my heart and thank you so much for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could connect, that is most important! Thanks for reading and apologies for the extensively late reply, life got in the way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Whispering heartbeat

Still-life travelling